The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Your name;
- Images of you;
- Your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- Your marital status and/or anniversary;
- Your age and/or date of birth;
- Your credit card details;
- Your demographic information, such as postcode;
- Your preferences and/or opinions;
- Information you provide to us through surveys;
- Details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- Your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- Information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- Any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To contact and communicate with you;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- To consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- Third-party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- Our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- Sponsors and major donors of our organisation;
- Anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia [including in Israel and New Zealand]
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics, Joyful or Salesforce. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia [including in Israel and New Zealand].
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our CEO at:
AUJS Ltd (ABN 68 058 740 024)
Last update: 6th of February, 2020
Your data may also be available to our website provider to enable us and them to deliver their service to us, carry out analysis and research on demographics, interests and behaviour of our users and supporters to help us gain a better understanding of them to enable us to improve our services. This may include connecting data we receive from you on the website to data available from other sources. Your personally identifiable data will only be used where it is necessary for the analysis required, and where your interests for privacy are not deemed to outweigh their legitimate interests in developing new services for us. In the case of this activity, the following will apply:
- Your data will be made available to our website provider
- Our website provider will not transfer your data to any other third party or transfer your data outside of the EEA.
- They will store your data for a maximum of 7 years.