We are grateful for the continued generous support of our partners
- Gandel Foundation
- Shalom College
- United Israel Appeal (UIA)
- The Susan & Isaac Wakil Foundation
- Zionist Federation of Australia (ZFA)
- Zionism Victoria (ZV)
- The Besen Family Foundation
- The Dave Burnett Leadership Fund
- The Eva & Les Erdi Humanitarian Charitable Foundation
- Sam & Sharene Hambur
- The Pratt Foundation
- Arnold Bloch Leibler
- P & S Bassat Foundation
- Harry Cohney Charitable Foundation
- The Goldschlager Family Charitable Foundation
- The Millie Phillips Jewish Education Fund
- Ros & Richard Rogers
- Eva Selwyn
- David Smorgon
- The Spotlight Foundation
- Australia Israel & Jewish Affairs Council (AIJAC)
- Sue & Jeffrey Appel
- The Executive Council of Australian Jewry (ECAJ)
- The Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI)
- Jewish Community Council of Victoria (JCCV)
- Jewish National Fund (JNF)
- Jeanette & Henry Lanzer
- David & Judy Machet
- The NSW Jewish Board of Deputies (NSWJBD)
JCA DAVE BURNETT
On 22 January 2008 (Tu B’shvat, 5768), a young Australian community leader, Dave Burnett, died in a tragic accident at the ancient archaeological site of Petra, Jordan. He had been visiting Jordan after leading a six-week Taglit-Birthright Israel AUJS Academy program during the university summer holiday. Although he was just 22 years old, he had already achieved more in his short life than most will in a full lifetime.
A committed Jew and Zionist, Dave worked for the State Zionist Council of NSW and continually sought to present Israel’s case and to promote a greater understanding of Israel’s position. Dave was elected NSW President and then National Vice President of AUJS. Dave was selected to participate in the AUJS Leadership Development Program, which took him to the USA, Greece and Israel.
Dave was an exceptional leader with enormous potential. A visionary with limitless personal energy, he had already developed the framework for an integrated leadership development program, designed to identify, train, succour and support our future community leaders. Based on documents found posthumously on his computer, it has been possible to reconstruct these detailed plans.
The JCA Dave Burnett Leadership Fund is intended to see these plans come to fruition so that our community will not lose the extraordinary contributions that Dave had already made, and the even greater contribution he was about to make.
The JCA Dave Burnett Leadership Fund is a not-for-profit fund, generously supported by the Jewish Communal Appeal of NSW. Its goals are:
- To develop and provide training programs for student and youth leaders, equipping them with knowledge and skills for community service, advocacy, understanding of, engagement with and participation in the broader political system
- To establish a national and international network of community mentors, already successful in their chosen areas of business, politics and professions, to advise and support promising youth leaders through a range of lectures, work experience programs and internships
The Fund is administered by an independent board and guided by a charter embodying the above goals. Funds are professionally invested and managed, with all donations forming the capital base of the Fund and with only the interest earned is allocated to projects and activities. In this way, your donations will continue in perpetuity to support the ongoing work of the Fund.
For more information, email email@example.com.